Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My name is kevin. I'm 22 years old. I decided to make my own blog after i gratuaded from sheridan art fundy in 2010. First of all, before i post or write something, i'd like to ask you to bare with my english. My english is limited.
I've never drawn before in my life. I had never been interested in art before. My journey as an artist began in late 2008 when a friend of mine who gratuated from Centenial college introduced me with his art works. I was instantly inspired and fell in love with his digital paintings, concept art character designs and 3d modeling. He then took me to Life drawing classes every week. In early 2009, he suggested me to go take the art foundation course from Sheridan college which i never thought exsited before (LOL). First I did not know what i wanted to do for my carrer in the future but during the 1st semester of the school year, i had chance to meet a lot of talented people, international students, artists all around the world. I was inpired more by just looking at their works and sketchbooks. It opened my eyes. I then decided to try annimation programme because i love animated movies. I grew up with Disney movies. I love cartoons and japanese anime. I heard that sheridan annimation programme is really intense and hard to get in. I was told that the portfolio is needed in order to get into the programme. Near the end of 1st semester in December 2009 i finished brainstorming the ideas for each required portfolio pieces. With the help of other friends, annimation students and my tutor plus i put too much hard work, time and afforts (there were too many sleepless nights), i was able to complete the entire portfolio in 3 months in the 2nd semester of art fundy. It wasn't easy at all to handle the class assignemnts and annimation portolio at the same time. It was a little too much for me. But i pretty much ignored the assignments. Then after the portfolio, i tried to catch up on everything i missed.The portfolio evolution took place during the reading week the beginning of March. After a month we handed in our porfolios, we got our result back in April 1st. For some issues and stupid mistakes that school admission office made, I was first rejected from the programme. I first thought my portfolio failed. For a week, i was sad and heart broken. But then a week later, the portoflio score sheet kicked in by the mail and i found out my score was high enough to get into the programme. Things started making no sense at all. So i went back to the office and solved the issues/mistakes. I finally got into the programme with the score of 3.35 out of 4. The minimun requirement score to get into programme is 2.99 and the waiting list score starts from 2.8 to 2.98 for 2010-2011 admission. Although it has been only over a year snice i started drawing in my life, during this time i have improved from zero level to this stage now. I will keep practicing. This is only the beginning of my journey. Thanks to those who helped me through out the year. I could not have done this without you all.

2 comments:

  1. Kevin,

    congratulations!
    Your speedy improvement is quite impressive,
    and your work of art is truly inspiring.
    YOU R AWESOME!

    Soe Moe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kevin!! thanks for your story! Congrats man! very happy for you!!! you will rock this world for to the positive side))))

    ReplyDelete